The Short Story
Jacquetta Nammar Feldman is a children’s author and lives in Austin, Texas. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Advertising from the University of Texas at Austin, and she’s currently a candidate for a Master of Fine Arts in Writing for Children and Young Adults at the Vermont College of Fine Arts. Wishing Upon the Same Stars is her debut novel.
The Long Story
Jacquetta Nammar Feldman loves writing poetry and stories of all kinds. When she’s not curled up with a book or typing at her computer, she can be found hiking the beautiful hills of Austin, Texas, with her husband, two labradoodles, and a Havanese. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Advertising from the University of Texas at Austin, and she’s currently a candidate for a Master of Fine Arts in Writing for Children and Young Adults at the Vermont College of Fine Arts. Jacquetta is a member of SCBWI, the Writers’ League of Texas, and the Texas Library Association. She is represented by Pete Knapp of Park & Fine Literary and Media. Wishing Upon the Same Stars is her debut novel.
The Real Story
- I’m a mom with three sons, who were the best excuses to read lots of children’s books!
- Now that they’re grown, I don’t have any excuses, but I’m still reading lots of children’s books.
- My favorite foods are Middle Eastern food, since that’s what I grew up with, and Mexican food, since I’ve lived in Texas most of my life!
- But really, I like most foods if they’re vegetarian or pescatarian, and I especially love fresh veggies straight from a farm.
- I once spent the week of a very big birthday working in an artisan bakery.
- I once spent a week with one of my sons on the ocean becoming sailboat captains.
- I love to swim, and will hop into a pool, lake, or ocean any chance I get.
- I love to ski, so I try to get to the mountains every year.
- I love to hike, so thank goodness I can do that right out my back door!
- Many mornings, I wake up with an idea for a poem, write it down, and shoot it to my family and friends to let them know how I’m feeling.
- My two labradoodles, Sophie and Stella, are half-sisters. Stella loves to swim, but Sophie does not. My other dog, a Havanese named Annie, will only float on a raft.
- All my dogs love to hike with me. Sophie and Stella can hike for miles and miles, but Annie likes to ride in a backpack when she gets tired.
- If you’re wondering how to pronounce my name, please listen to this clip at TeachingBooks.
Click on images below to download a high-res version.